This forum is for discussion about content found on https://apolloinrealtime.org 

Very little of the thousands of hours of Mission Control audio on the website has been heard or documented. As you find moments of interest, post them here for discussion.

Author Topic: 096:27:18 A lot of CAPCOM(?) cussing about the press  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Tim Hamilton

• View Profile
096:27:18 A lot of CAPCOM(?) cussing about the press
« on: April 15, 2020, 03:47:22 pm »
https://apolloinrealtime.org/13/?t=096:27:18&ch=14

On the CAPCOM channel, there's a phone call with someone about press briefings.  At this point, "Tom" (the person he's on the phone with says, "Thank-you, Tom" at the end) starts using a bunch of four-letter words about how the press is reacting. 

I'm not sure this is really CAPCOM.  At the beginning of the call, a few minutes earlier, the transcript was showing Houston-to-13 communications going on during the call, and I couldn't hear that on the CAPCOM channel.  Any ideas what's up?

Offline Stephen Slater

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 096:27:18 A lot of CAPCOM(?) cussing about the press
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 10:02:41 pm »
the "Tom" here is Tom Stafford

Offline SpaceGuyJK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 07:07:59 am »
A very interesting find!

Offline Tim Hamilton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 08:57:37 am »
the "Tom" here is Tom Stafford

OK, I was wondering if it might be.  Joe Kerwin was CAPCOM on duty at the time, I think, so was Stafford sitting by at the right console, then?  Since I couldn't hear Kerwin talking as the transcript scrolled by, I wonder if the CAPCOM [R] track shifted over to the CAPCOM [L] position as the tape was being read in at this time.