Message Boards > General Discussion

Identifying speakers/ Mission Control teams

<< < (2/3) > >>

Naraht:
That's a good idea. I'll see whether I manage to gather enough together to make it worthwhile, and if I do, I'll get in touch with them.

MadDogBV:
In an effort to aid on identifying who is who, I created a Google Drive that has audio samples of flight controllers calling FLIGHT on the flight director loop. Some samples are currently unnamed (like the NETWORK and FAO ones) since I don't hear the last names identified on the loop. If anyone has some input, please let me know:

Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1o6E5HwSX1XHIgw3AhDeUBFwv69_vWRlo?usp=sharing

Naraht:
An ingenious idea! I'm afraid that I don't have any knowledge of NETWORK and FAO, but I did have a listen to all the samples I do know as a double check, and they all sound right to me.

If you do know the first names of some of these people, I would suggest looking at the manning lists which might help to narrow down the suspects.

Would it be useful if I kept a look-out for people in the back room identifying themselves, or would that be going too far? I could also provide links to samples for some of the Apollo 11 controllers who aren't represented here.

MadDogBV:
I've no problem with you doing that. I considered doing the back rooms since I know a fair number of names related with those cats, but they never call up FLIGHT so for the purpose of this exercise, I left them out. I've no objections to amending the search.

Naraht:
Ah, got you. I agree it makes a nice collection all of people calling for Flight.

I'll see who else I can find during my own listening. Off the top of my head it would be relatively easy to include Bob Carlton (CONTROL) and Phil Shaffer (FIDO) from Apollo 11.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version