This forum is for discussion about content found on https://apolloinrealtime.org 

Very little of the thousands of hours of Mission Control audio on the website has been heard or documented. As you find moments of interest, post them here for discussion.

Author Topic: Way to skip gaps in audio?  (Read 2328 times)

Offline KarateCriminal

• View Profile
Way to skip gaps in audio?
« on: March 11, 2021, 07:05:27 pm »
Is there anyway that a method to skip between gaps in audio (Dark grey to light grey) can be implemented? This would be helpful for getting by large gaps (several hours sometimes) in the audio.

Offline bfeist

• Administrator
  • Apollo in Real Time founder
    • View Profile
Re: Way to skip gaps in audio?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 01:33:50 pm »
Clicking on the timeline is the only way to skip at this point.

Offline MadDogBV

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Way to skip gaps in audio?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 01:48:40 pm »
One thing I've done mostly as a side hobby is downloaded the audio files for the loops directly from the NASA Audio Collection on Archive.org, ran a noise removal algorithm in GoldWave to get rid of the warbling noise in the background produced by the tapes, and then a silence removal to get rid of the gaps. The result is a relatively seamless track that can be listened to through a multimedia player like VLC or AIMP. I could produce a step-by-step guide for doing this if need be.

Of course, this is not the same thing as skipping the files directly through the Apolloinrealtime.org website, but I can imagine that being a general pain to program in.